Well the month of August had been an exciting but sad month for me...my twins started Kindergarten! Which is of course exciting, especially to see how far they have come and now they are off to school with the "big" kids - but sad because they are growing up way too fast! As I say every month, time is flying...too fast. But in any case, we are all adjusting to our new schedule and the kids are excited to meet new friends and learn new things each day. And here we are, with fall right around the corner...and here are my favorites for the month of August:
1. Sephora #26 Mineral Foundation Brush - you know that I love my Laura Mercier mineral foundation for the summer and I have been looking for a great brush to apply my foundation with - I have been using the Real Techniques buffing brush but I was curious to see how a "mineral foundation brush" compared and I have to say that I get great results using both. The bristles are dense and soft and thus apply the mineral foundation beautifully. The only real difference that I can see between the two brushes is that the bristles on the Sephora brush is slightly shorter than the Real Techniques brush but both yield the same great results. Now at least I have 2 great brushes that I can reach for to apply my mineral foundations.
2. Nars Cordura Eye Shadow Duo - I have found myself reaching for this duo for a quick and easy eye look. I place the lighter shade (on the left) on my lid and blend it out with a matte light brown (like Mac Soft Brown or Urban Decay Buff or Tease). I then place the darker shade on the outer corner and down onto my lash line and blend/smudge it out. Add a highlight eyeshadow (like Mac Vanilla or Urban Decay Virgin) and a couple of coats of your favorite mascara and you're done. It's a very easy and quick look for any day. Perfect for busy mom's on the go!
3. Mac Naked Lunch Eye Shadow - This used to be my favorite "go-to" lid shade until I got my 2 UD Naked palettes but I recently rediscovered this beauty. It's a gorgeous light shimmery champagne-pinky shade - the perfect shade for adding a darker color to the crease or outer V and creating a soft and simple smokey eye. I also like to use eyeshadow as a highlight on my brow bone or my inner tear duct area to brighten up those areas and make you look more awake and young;).
4. Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Shadow Pencils in Clash and Delinquent - These pencils have been a life-saver this month especially since I've been wearing a neutral eye just about everyday. I add these colored pencils on my lower lash line and set it with a corresponding eye shadow and it adds a pop of color to my otherwise neutral eye look. These pencils are also great to use as a base lid color to wear under a shadow to allow the color to look more intense or you can wear it alone as an all-over color and it lasts all day without fading or creasing. Love these...
5. Smashbox Pacific Eye Shadow - I have been using this e/s to set my UD Shadow pencil in Clash on my lower lash line. This is such a beautiful teal shade that looks so amazing with a neutral eye look on brown eyes. I love using this shadow to add just a "pop" of color without going over the top. Love this shadow for the summer and now going into the fall!
Hope you guys had a great month of August. I'm looking forward to the fall and cooler weather and wearing sweaters and boots! What were your favorites?