Strawberry Lemon Dump Cake
About 4 cups Fresh Strawberries, hulled and halved/quartered (depending on the size of the berry)
2 Tbsp Organic Cane Sugar
2 Tbsp Cornstarch
1 can Lemon Pie Filling
1 box Butter Cake Mix
1/3 cup Sliced Almonds
About 1/2 cup Organic Virgin Coconut Oil (I used Whole Foods 365 brand)
1. Preheat oven to 350F; spray a 13x9x2 pan with nonstick cooking/baking spray.
2. Place strawberries, sugar, and cornstarch in a medium bowl and toss until the strawberries are well coated. Place berries in the 13x9x2 pan evenly to cover the bottom.
3. Spread the lemon pie filling over the strawberries making sure to evenly spread and cover the layer of berries.
4. Sprinkle the dry cake mix evenly over the berries/lemon pie filling making sure to get the corners.
5. Sprinkle the sliced almonds evenly over the dry cake mix.
6. Evenly pour/sprinkle the Coconut oil over the entire mixture, making sure to get into the corners. Adjust the amount of Coconut Oil needed to ensure the entire cake is evenly coated with the oil.
7. Bake on top rack of oven for 45-55 minutes, or until cake top is evenly browned and filling is bubbling. Take out and cool. Serve warm with ice cream or whipped topping.
|Fresh Strawberries and Lemon Pie Filling|
|Dry Cake Mix, Sliced Almonds, Coconut Oil|
|The Finished Product - Strawberry Lemon Dump Cake|