This month went by pretty fast especially since February is shortest month of the year (plus 1 more day this year). I kind of fell into a rut and have been using a lot of the same products day after day but there were a couple of products that stuck out for me, especially since I recently purchased a new storage unit/organizer in my bathroom and I had to reorganize all of my makeup and beauty supplies. I found a lot of previously loved products that got pushed aside but have recently found my love again. There have also been some recent purchases that I've been using quite frequently for my "quick go-to" looks.
1. Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer - I purchased this last month and absolutely love this concealer. Not only does it conceal my dark undereye circles, but they also brighten the area and help make me look more well rested and awake. The sponge tip applicator feels so nice on the skin but I acutally end up using my fingers to blend the product in. This product makes me want to try out the Instant Age Rewind Foundation - I have heard great things about this foundation.
2. Maybelline Color Tattoo in Tough as Taupe and Bad to the Bronze - these 2 cream shadows have been go-to products for me this month. I find that I have been applying these cream shadows on my lid and then blending them out with my fingers. Sometimes I will just leave it at this or I'll place a coordinating shadow on top and blend that out for a more put-together look. Either way, these cream shadows are awesome and great to create a polished eye look that didn't take much time at all! Grab as many of these if you can get your hands on them...you'll love them.
3. MAC Blacktrack Fluidline Gel Eyeliner - I love to tightline my waterline, it's something I do everyday no matter what makeup look I choose to have, I always do this. But I have extremely watery eyes and I can't seem to find an eyeliner that can stay on my waterline for more than an hour...and I have dozens of eyeliners that I have tried but have failed....but I have found that if I dip my eyeliner pencil (any pencil) into my gel liner and line my waterline with this, it stays put for a really long time...not all day but longer than any other liner I have tried to use on my waterline. This gel liner is creamy and very easy to apply to your waterline as well as lining your lash lines. I have yet to try out any other brands of gel liners to see how their staying power holds up to this but until then, I will continue to use my MAC gel liner.
4. Sleek Powder Blush in Rose Gold - I had asked a friend of mine to pick this blush up while on a trip to London last summer. It's a shame that Sleek products aren't available here in the States but I'll just have to enjoy what I have. I love this blush - it is the perfect peachy-pink shade with tiny (not chunky) flecks of gold glitter in it. This blush is often compared to Nars Orgasm - another one of my favorites. This color looks amazing on - the perfect flushed shade. Love it!
5. Beauty Blender - I got this magic foundation applicator in this month's Birchbox. I absolutely love the finish I get when I apply my foundation with this pink sponge. You have to wet the sponge first and squeeze out the excess water leaving you with a moist (not sopping wet) sponge. I then stipple my foundation all over my face and then roll the sponge to blend the foundation into my skin. The finish is amazing - your makeup looks airbrushed and flawless.