As 2011 is coming to an end, I thought it would be helpful to share my favorite beauty products that I have been loving and using this past year to all of you busy moms. I wanted to limit my list to my top 10 but that clearly didn't work - I had way too many products to choose from so I decided to break it down into categories.
1. Chanel Hydramaxactive + Active Moisture Gel Cream- I know it's a pricey face cream at $72.00 for 1.7 oz but my tub has lasted me over a year and I still have quite a bit left. I use it after my primer to help hydrate my skin. Even though I have combination skin with oiliness in the T zone, I find that using this gel cream helps to keep my skin hydrated which in turns keeps my skin from getting too oily. I know it sounds kind of counterintuitive but for some reason it works for me. Plus I absolutely love the smell of this cream - it smells amazing!
2. Clarisonic Mia - I got this rotating facial cleansing brush back in January 2011 and I absolutely love it. It has changed the way that I clean my skin and it makes my serums/moisturizers and make-up go on so much smoother and effortlessly. The rotating brush head really cleans your skin and it does it in such a gentle way so as not to irritate your skin. The benefit of this brush is that it sloughs away all of the dead skin cells which allows any serum or facial product that you use penetrate your skin more easily and work more effectively. My husband even likes to use this brush every morning in the shower. I purchased mine off of QVC last December when it was a TSV for $120.00 in 4 easy payments (gotta love spreading out the payments).
3. Chanel Pro Lumiere - my holy grail foundation. I have not been able to find a foundation that is a perfect color match for me nor give me the flawless finish that I want until I found this foundation (thanks to my sister-in-law). Unfortunately this foundation has been discontinued and replaced with Perfection Lumiere, which I haven't tried yet but I did manage to purchase a back up of the Pro Lumiere foundation because I just love it so much. I know that this is a pricey foundation at $58.00 but I don't use this foundation every day because it does give a somewhat full coverage finish and I feel that this would be too much for daily use but I do use it for special occasions and at times when I do need that extra coverage. Every woman should have that one luxury beauty item to make them feel beautiful and special.
1. MAC Feline Kohl Power Eyeliner- I love this eyeliner. It is so pigmented and intense and it looks amazing in the waterline. The only problem is that it is so creamy that it doesn't last very long on the waterline and thus needs to be reapplied throughout the day. I only wish that MAC could make this same eyeliner but in a waterproof version.
2. MAC Blacktrack Fluidline Gel Liner - I love to use this to line my upper lash line but also to use to line my waterline to ensure that it will stay there all day long. I love my Feline Kohl e/l but because of the creamy nature of that product, it doesn't have the staying power on the waterline that I would like but my Blacktrack fluidline stays put all day long and doesn't budge. I love how pigmented it is and that is lasts on my waterline.
3. MAC #208 Angled Brow Brush - I love this brush and don't know what I would do without it. I use this brush for my eyebrows (I use it with MAC charcoal brown e/s). The bristles on this brush are short and stiff and work wonderfully to place e/s on your brows without looking too overdone. Love this brush!!
4. Covergirl Lashblast Mascara - I love how this mascara makes my eyelashes look so full and lush - almost like I'm wearing false eyelashes. The brush is big and fat which helps to place the mascara on each eyelash as well as separating them so they don't clump up (which I hate). And I love that I can buy this mascara at Costco in a pack of 3 and not have to pay too much for them considering that you should be discarding your mascara every 3 months.
5. Urban Decay Naked Eyeshadow Palette - I love my neutral colors so when Urban Decay released the first Naked palatte I had to get it. And I love it so much that I pretty much use it on a daily basis. Urban Decay also recently released a Naked 2 palette which I did get and am loving too and the colors in both palettes are so universally flattering and can be used to either create soft, neutral looks or smokey, sultry looks. This is a must have palette for any busy mom on the go!
1. Nars Orgasm Blush- This blush is so universally flattering and gives just the right amount of color without looking too clownish. This blush is a beautiful peachy-pink color that can be paired with any eyeshadow look and I pretty much wear this color everyday. I love how this color gives you that "oh-so-glow". Nuff said!
2. Nars Laguna Bronzer- I love to use this to just warm up my complexion, and I especially love to pair this with my Nars Orgasm blush. It's not too dark on me nor is it too orange on me. I also love to use this to contour my face.
3. Nars Albatross Highlighter- I got this highlight powder as part of a duo with my Orgasm blush from a Sephora gift set. I love how this highlighter gives me that warm, candlelight glow on the high plains of my cheeks. I typically use this along with the Nars Orgasm blush and Laguna bronzer on a daily basis.
1. MAC Stone Lipliner- This is my go-to HG lipliner. Its a greyish mauvey-brown color and it suits me perfectly. I was so disappointed to hear that this l/l was discontinued when at a local MAC counter one day that when I got home, I immediately placed an order (actually 2 orders since MAC only allows you to buy 4 of one product at one time so I had to place 2 orders) on the MAC site for 8 lipliners as backups (and I have already used 2). I love to use this l/l with everything I wear on my lip, whether it's brown, nude, pales, pink, plums, whatever - rarely do I use a lip product without this liner on...I don't know why I do this but I just feel like Stone l/l makes everything look so much better and I guess more polished - ON ME!!
2. MAC Fresh Brew Lipstick - I love this l/s for my everyday lip. It has a lustre finish and is quite moisturizing which is great for all day wear. I love that I can pair this l/s with any look that I'm going for. It is a really nice, light brown that gives me that almost my lips but better look. I love that I don't have to think about what color to pair with my eye look - this color just goes with everything. As I mentioned above, I pair this with my Stone l/l.
3. MAC Chai Lipgloss- Another nude/beige taupe shade that compliments my skin tone and can be worn with any eye look that I have going on. I have repurchased this one so many times - I think that I'm on #5. I love this one and will continue to do so. Again, I pair this with my Stone l/l - see I use it with everything!!
4. Revlon Lip Butter in Gumdrop - I just recently purchased this one but I have found myself using it everyday since I bought it. Of course I pair it with my Stone l/l (shocker) and I love how the greyish-taupish hue of the lipliner fades into the lilac-mauvey color and it looks just amazing. I love it!
OK, so that is it. I know this list is long but these are the products that I seem to reach for on a daily basis and used most frequently this year. I hope that my list might introduce all of you busy moms to some new products to try in 2012.
Have a great New Years! See you in 2012!